Why Should I Choose PAE?
With so many options to choose from, our interventional radiologists feel that it is important to point out the many benefits that PAE has when compared to other methods used to treat an enlarged prostate (also known as BPH).
BPH Treatment in Kansas City, KS
After dealing with urinary frequency and other symptoms of BPH for so long, a lengthy recovery is the last thing that should be on your mind. Because prostate artery embolization(PAE) is minimally invasive, you’ll be back to your normal life in a short period of time. If you’re actively seeking treatment for BPH without going through drug or surgical treatment, prostatic artery embolization treatment, or PAE, may be the right choice for you.
7 Important Benefits of PAE
Overall, PAE treatment has less side effects than traditional surgery for BPH, include a lower risk of sexual side effects or incontinence. Benefits of PAE can include:
- Little to no blood loss during the procedure
- Short or non-existent hospital stay
- Low likelihood of urethral catheterization
- Relief of urinary symptoms such as; frequent urination, incomplete bladder emptying, weak urine stream, and painful urination
- Lower risk of impairing the patient’s sexual impulses or functions
- Emotional and quality of life improvement
- No limits on prostate size, urethral narrowing, or bladder capacity
After one year, PAE recipients reported a shrinkage of nearly 30% in prostate size, resulting in a direct ease of urinary symptoms.
Find out If PAE Is Right for You
To learn more about the benefits of PAE, or to request a consultation, schedule an appointment with us today! We look forward to helping rebuild your quality of life.