Why Should I Choose PAE?
BPH Treatment in Kansas City, KS
After dealing with urinary frequency and other symptoms of BPH for so long, a lengthy recovery is the last thing that should be on your mind. Because PAE is minimally invasive, you’ll be back to your normal life in a short period of time. If you’re actively seeking treatment for BPH without going through drug or surgical treatment, prostatic artery embolization treatment, or PAE, may be the right choice for you.
Benefits of PAE
Overall, PAE treatment has less side effects than traditional surgery for BPH, include a lower risk of sexual side effects or incontinence. Benefits of PAE can include:
- Little to no blood loss during the procedure.
- Short or non-existent hospital stay.
- Low likelihood of urethral catheterization.
- Relief of urinary symptoms such as; frequent urination, incomplete bladder emptying, weak urine stream, and painful urination.
- Lower risk of sexual side effects.
- Emotional and quality of life improvement.
- No limits on prostate size, urethral narrowing, or bladder capacity.
After one year, PAE recipients reported a shrinkage of nearly 30% in prostate size, resulting in a direct ease of urinary symptoms.
Find Out If PAE Is Right For You
To learn more about the benefits of PAE, or to request a consultation, schedule an appointment with us today! We look forward to helping rebuild your quality of life.